01/05/2020 by Pete Bird
Self Employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS)
Self Employed Income Support Scheme announced 1 May 2020
We at Bird & Co hope that you are keeping safe.
Further to our earlier email advice, HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) have now announced today, 1 May 2020 their advice on the above grant. One of the main features in the announcement is that the self employed have to make the claim, their agents (like us) are not allowed to do this. The profession have raised objections to this, so it may change.
The online service you’ll use to claim is not available yet. HMRC will aim to contact you by mid May 2020 if you’re eligible, to invite you to claim using the GOV.UK online service. Payment will be made by early June 2020 if your claim is approved.
When you make your claim, you will need the following:
- Self Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number;
- National Insurance number;
- Government Gateway user ID and password;
- Bank account number and sort code you want the grant into (only a bank account details where a BACS payment can be accepted);
- You’ll have to confirm to HMRC that your business has been adversely affected by coronavirus.
HMRC will check claims and take appropriate action to withhold or recover payments found to be dishonest or inaccurate.
In view of this, we suggest you ensure you have your Government Gateway details, if not register HERE
Please click the link to access to access
the announcement, or direction as it is named HERE